About Me

My photo
Sharon Dennis - Unmarried, Jesus follower, Mentally compromised, Mad cat lady, Retro teenager and Art Student.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Full Figure Fairies.

Here's a little project I've been working on.  My "Full Figure Fairies."

I've noticed that lately, fairies seem to be rather slender.  It wasn't always that way.  A lot of fairy paintings of the past, fairies were more curvy.  It seems that fairies' body shape follows what ever sells best to society's ideals of beauty.

However, I think that fairies seem to be either mostly imaginary or largely unseen, so we really don't know what they look like.  Being of the spirit world, I'd have thought they could look however they want.

So, I've decided they look a little healthier than the gamine things that seem to be the fashion these days.



These two aren't really finished.  They still have a little masking fluid on them and probably need a few touch ups with colour pencil.  Then I might see if we can sell them as prints or greeting cards.

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment