About Me

My photo
Sharon Dennis - Unmarried, Jesus follower, Mentally compromised, Mad cat lady, Retro teenager and Art Student.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The power of 15 minutes


Brothers and Sisters! I have discovered something wonderous!
The 15 minute rule!!! Hooray! 

The 15 min rule is this; If you have some horrid task that you really don't want to do, but it needs to be done, and you've been putting it off for ages, make the choice to do it for 15 minutes and then stop. Surely you can handle it for 15 minutes, then you can have a cup of tea.

I think you'll find what I have found. The promise of stopping after 15 minutes is often enough to get you started. And what you can do in 15 minutes! After a week of 15 minutes a day, you've spent over an hour on it and it's all but done!
Sometimes the first 15 minutes is spent on making a list of all the little tasks that will lead up to the whole thing being done. And a little task can easily be done in 15 minutes. Then, instead of having procrastinated for a fortnight, you've spent over three hours on the big task.
It's a win all round! Decluttering, Paperwork, Event planning, Housework, it works for everything.


I have never got so much done, and had so much free time in my life. Friends, I have truly discovered something wonderous. Fifteen Minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment